Have you ever asked yourself how to dress for an art opening? I’ll try to give you some suggestions:
- Determine where the art opening takes place: museums require a more formal wear than small galleries.
- Be sure to have enough time to dress up.
- Consider wearing a knee-lenght dress, a skirt with a silk blouse tucked in or maybe pants with an interesting top or blouse.
- Don’t wear skinny jeans paired with a top and high-heeled boots! Normally I like this kind of outfit, but for an art opening it might be inappropriate, as if you hadn’t thought much about it and just put on your everyday-wear.
- Make sure your shoes are comfortable: There might be no place for sitting down a little bit and you have to walk around from painting to painting – or whatever the theme of the event is.
Last weekend I headed to an art opening and chose to wear a beige knee-lenght skirt, a beige blouse, a matching clutch and leopard peep toes. I accessorized the outfit with gold jewelry and my beloved spanish chignon.
What would you wear to such an event?